Monday, June 25, 2012

Rainy Days and Mondays Always Get Me Down...

     Welp. Another rainy day of vacation for us. We actually managed to pull ourselves up by our bootstraps today, however, and make it off of resort property. We ran by Wal-Mart and picked up some of the good stuff- Double Stuf Oreos! Then we visited a local mall where I (somehow) convinced the world's best in-laws to crowd into a clearly undersized photobooth with my husband and me! I LOVE photobooths! Hubz even proposed with one and I designed our wedding invites to look like photostrips..., but those are stories for another day.



     For some reason, this mall had a cousin to the dollar store called "DollarStar." I've never heard of a dollar store within a mall, but I nonetheless was excited. So excited, in fact, that I indeed RAN into the store... I was looking for kitty sombreros and other items to use as feline hatwear, but no luck. Instead, I loaded up on different sized doilies and some postal stickers for under $6. I was hoping to find some foam adhesive dots, but the cashier wasn't as enthused about the idea of scavenging through the aisles in search of them as myself. Anyway, after poking our heads in a few stores, we watched Snow White and the Huntsman. When the movie was over and we went outside, the SUN was finally out! We were so excited to have even a few hours of beach/sunshine time! It was a dirty, celestial trick though. By the time we got back to the room and enjoyed some Oreos and milk, the skies were already black and the winds were roaring. Seriously, Florida? I just seen the sun, the blue sky and the white fluffy clouds all from the parking lot! Oh well. Any time we get away from the farm is a vacation to us. We tend to be workaholics if left to our own devices. We can't even go outside in this weather so we are being coerced into naps, movies and scrapbook videos via YouTube... No complaints here. My Hubby deserves it. ;]

-Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment